Here you can advertise your items for sale or trade or your wanted list. E-mail me the particulars, and I will post them. If you’re interested in buying, I’ll send you photos. I’m in New England, and shipping may be costly if you’re far away.
For Sale: Ralph Rossi is selling a substantial amount of winter gear. Click HERE to see his listing.
For Sale: “Rat Boat” 18 feet long, cedar strip and epoxy coated construction. Bow and stern seats adjustable, stern has a foot brace. Basically it is a fast cruiser, rec class racer and bonafide legal River Rat Race canoe. Call Tom Deam, 978-544-5420
Following are items for sale or trade offered by Bill Schweikert. Will wheel; will deal; will negotiate price if you want more than one item. Photos available. Contact Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413.498.5742.
- Etrier, 5-step. Brand-new. $20
- Jofu XC touring skis, 210 cm, waxable, well-worn. Includes Skilom cable bindings for boots with grooved heels. Not seen on TV. Bindings alone are worth the price: $15.
- Rottefella “Start” telemark bindings, 3-pin 75mm Nordic Norm. Not sold in stores. Brand new and yours for only $10.
- Climbing skins, strap-on, U.S. Army issue. Used slightly. 215 cm. $20.
- Boots – Hanwag triple winter mountaineering. Plastic with inner boot and innermost bootie. Size 11. Vibram soles, grooved heel and square toe fit cable XC bindings and crampons. Like new condition. $100.
- Boots – U. S. Army Vietnam, size 11R, made in USA. Genuine Surplus, like new: $10.
- Fanny Pack by New Tribe. This one is huge! Large enough for the family Dachshund! Comes with a wide, padded belt. Make me an offer I can’t refuse.
Lots of wool clothing in the pipeline: balaclavas, socks, sweaters, and more. Ask.
GONE! – You Missed your Chance. The following have been sold:
Climbing Helmet, CAMP LW260, like new. Injected, molded polyethylene shell with high-density polystyrene liner. Photos available. A steal at $35.
Protect your noggin’ out on the rocks. Durable helmet from Camp of Italy has side vents to keep head cool. Headband and padding are covered with CoolMax® polyester for superior moisture managements. Cushioning in front and back increases comfort. Bungee on front for headlamp. Outside shell is injected, molded polyethylene, inside is high-density polystyrene. Fits: 20-24″ Weight: 10 oz. Closeouts. Italy.
Karhu XCD 210GT XC skis, full steel edges, waxable base, 210 cm. Includes 3-pin NN Rottefella telemark bindings. Slight use. Ideal for Telemark and icy conditions. EMS wants $240 for these new. Friend’s price to you: $100.
Berwin “Sherpa” bindings. Plastic harness fits any boot – Mickey Mouse, Sorel, Mukluks, etc. One size fits all. Never used; never abused. $100 at Akers, a steal here at $25.
Asnes mountain skis, wooden with full steel edges, 215 cm. Includes classic Silvretta “Saas-Fee” cable bindings for cross-country and downhill. Great for expeditions. These skis have a history: I used them at Tuck’s. Buy them for the bindings. $30.
U.S. Army military bindings by Ramer. Similar to Silvretta “Saas-Fee” cable bindings for cross-country and downhill. Sold for $25.
Bonna Explorer XC skis, waxable base, 210 cm. Basic ski touring and off-trail. Never used, no bindings. Sacrificed at $20.
North Face Goretex Wind Pants, waist 32-34. Drawstring waist, no pockets, no fly, basic. $25.
Climbing skins, strap-on, by Ramer/Alpine Research. Brand new, easy to affix. Not sold in stores. $25.
Boots – French-made Galibier “Richard Pontvert”, size 10½. One of the classics. Check the Web for its reputation. Ideal for hiking and climbing. Broken in and in great shape. $25.